Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Laughing Hysterically...Or it Could be the Lack of Sleep...

So right now I'm in Deadline Hell. And it's a hell of my own making, I'll freely admit that. But it still doesn't negate my manic mindset or the guilt that overwhelms me when I'm eating--or sleeping--without writing in between. So I figured blogging and searching for something to blog about wouldn't mire me down in shame. And what better subject than....ta-dah-dah! Writing! And funny things about writing too!

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- Douglas Adams

A blank piece of paper is God’s way of telling us how hard it is to be God. -- Sidney Sheldon


Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life. --Lawrence Kasdan

If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing. -- Kingsley Amis

Let's face it, writing is hell. -- William Styron

The best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes. -- Agatha Christie

The first draft of anything is shit. -- Ernest Hemingway

Always avoid alliteration. -- Author Unknown

Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out. -- Author Unknown

When male authors write love stories, the heroine tends to end up dead.” -- Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing. -- Margaret Chittenden

Writing and travel broaden your ass if not your mind and I like to write standing up. -- Ernest Hemingway

I am a drinker with writing problems -- Brendan Behan

Okay! Back to writing! And I'm damn sure in a better mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment